Global Public Policy
In This Section
- Our Work
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Global Public Policy
- Our Clients
Integrated strategies to expand markets, solve business problems and conclude complex transactions, are vital to success in the global marketplace. We enable clients to incorporate public and external relations strategies into their business plans and achieve concrete results.
We address public policy, regulatory barriers and distortions in foreign markets, including inadequate protection for intellectual property rights, discriminatory tax policies, and regulatory standards favoring local businesses, by using diplomacy, international trade and investment rules.
Assess Markets and Manage Risk
Our firm understands, and knows how to manage the risks and opportunities in particular foreign markets. Central elements of our work include building in-country relationships, resolving local problems, and establishing an environment necessary for business to expand.
We also manage the Business Council for Global Development, LLC. Through this organization, we work with many of the world’s leading corporations — Abbott, Chevron, FMC Corporation, Gap, Inc., Limited Brands, Cargill, Fruit of the Loom, Microsoft — to address critical global development, capacity building, trade and investment needs in the countries they operate in.
- Successful advocacy concerning tariff and customs policies and practices in China, including extensive engagement with senior government officials.
- Successfully resolve client investment disputes with governments in Asia and Africa.
- Overcome regulatory and political barriers to entry in several country markets for a major telecommunications company.
- Successfully navigated regulatory issues for a major energy company in Latin America.
- Counseled a major entertainment company on a significant investment in Japan, including the development of a comprehensive political risk management and market access strategy.
- Developed and implemented a successful government relations strategy in China for a major financial institution.
- Developed and implemented a successful action plan for a leading American consumer products company engaged in a dispute with a Japanese company concerning intellectual property rights infringement.