In This Section
Claude G.B. Fontheim
Chief Executive Officer
Claude Fontheim is the CEO of Fontheim International, LLC where he advises clients regarding global corporate social responsibility (CSR) and public policy. He has 37 years of experience in these fields and was among the first CSR practitioners.
Mr. Fontheim has advised some of the world’s leading consumer brands in addressing CSR challenges. His firm develops customized strategies regarding such challenges, including in labor and human rights, based upon adherence to legal and international norms, partnership with credible and independent stakeholders, and sound business principles.
Mr. Fontheim’s public policy work focuses on international trade and foreign policy, including work on numerous trade negotiations, and every major piece of trade legislation since 1981. He has served on the President’s Advisory Committee on Trade Policy and Negotiations, the State Department’s Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy, and the US Trade Representative’s Advisory Committee on Africa.
Mr. Fontheim has published numerous articles, including on international trade, corporate social responsibility, and labor policy.
Mr. Fontheim has served as an advisor on trade, economic and foreign policy to Presidential and Congressional campaigns.
Mr. Fontheim’s nonprofit activities include the following:
- American Leadership Initiative (program supporting values-based global leadership), Founder
- GlobalWorks Foundation (focused on global labor and human rights), Co-Founder and Non-Executive Chairman
- GoodWeave International (child rights NGO), Vice Chairman, Board of Directors
- Center for International Private Enterprise (democracy capacity building CSO), Executive Committee, Board of Directors
- Alliance to End Hunger, Executive Committee, Board of Directors
- NewDEAL (national organization of state and local elected officials), Board of Directors
Mr. Fontheim received his J.D., M.P.P., and B.A. from the University of Michigan, where he was Managing Editor of Michigan’s international law publication.